I was sitting at the computer browsing blogs and Reagan and Jaxon were stacking the paint cans. I told them to be careful and I should have said to put them away, but my thought is, let them play with ALMOST anything they want if it entertains them for a little bit. I didn't figure they could get paint cans open anyway. I have a hard time getting them open after they have been used. One of the cans had a lid on it that was plastic and had a pour spout or something. It was here when we moved in and I have never touched it. Apparantly the lid comes off easily. It was on the top and fell off the tower of paint cans and opened. Yes yes I had more than a half gallon of pain spill on my floor. A million thoughts went through my mind but I had not idea where to even start cleaning it up or how to even go about it. I didn't want to use towels for obvious reasons and I tried paper towels but that didn't work, so I ended up scooping all the paint up I could with my hands. After a minute I remembered that it probably isn't smart with rings on. Good thing I didn't put my wedding ring on after I took a shower. After I got it scooped up I tried to soak some up with the paper towels so it wouldn't be so wet. I did the best I could but now I have a nice green spot on my carpet. Okay really it is just an area rug that is on the cement floor in the unfinished basement. So really not a big deal. I am SO glad that it is only on that carpet. Can you imagine if they brought it upstairs. "Hello this is my house and my funky spotted carpet." So that was a very fun part of my day. I blame the blogging industry. Okay not really it is my fault and really kind of funny. I will stop rambling now, thanks for reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am so sorry! What a mess! You are so right that it could have been much worse!
It's funny how much trouble they can get into in such a short time, huh?
I am laughing! I am so glad to hear that these kinds of messes happen to other people too! I am so glad it wasn't upstairs!
Post a Comment