Injuries

We had three days with three injuries.

Saturday: The kids and Skyler were in the garage trying to put up some hooks to hang bikes on. Jax was playing by himself when I hear him scream. So I went to see and saw that his finger was bleeding, so I took him inside to wash it off. That is when I noticed that his finger nail had been ripped off. So I was inspecting it because it was just hanging there but he was really not liking that So I just put a bandaide on it and called it good for the moment. That is when I saw a blood blister on the other side of his finger. PAINFUL! HE didn't use his hand for a couple of days.

Sunday: We decided to go for a walk with the kids. Reagan and Jax were in the wagon and Ryker rode his bike. We got to a school and played on the playground. Then we went over to the field and Skyler would let the wagon go down the hill with Ryker and Reagan in it. They love it. Well when that was done we were on a hill that was asphalt and had a path that went pretty far so Skyler tried to get them down that path. Well the wagon was backwards and the wheels turned and the wagon tipped. It was one of those things that you see coming but can't stop it. Well Reagan hit her head on the asphalt and scraped it up. And she got her hands and toes a little scraped too. Very sad. I think Skyler wanted to dig himself in a hole at that point. He felt so bad. Luckily it was nothing serious.


Monday: We were at jump on it and the kids were having a great time. Ryker went to play on the one you actually jump on and was being a boy, jumping and attacking and punching all the little things. Well we was trying to jump on some of the things and he landed on his side wrong. He hurt his neck. He was crying and wouldn't move it and just sat with Skyler the rest of the time. Well we went home and Ryker continued to be a a lot of pain and wouldn't move. He was trying really hard to be brave, he even went to go play at Grandma's and Paca's for a little bit. But when it came down to it he was in a lot of pain and wouldn't move. So we went to the doctor. She was worried that there could be a fracture since he was in so much pain and couldn't move, so they sent us to the hospital to get x-rays. Our appointment for the doctor was at 9:10, we didn't get back to the room til about 10:20 and the doctor didn't come in til about 10:40. (busy night) So we went to the hospital for the x-rays and there was more waiting. He had three x-rays but they couldn't see everything they wanted so they ended up doing a CT Scan as well. By 1:30 am we found out that nothing was broken and that we needed to just try to get him to move it occasionally and put ice on it for a day. (although that is easier said than done in this case) Thank goodness nothing really bad was wrong. Yeah it was a long night and a long couple of days but in the end everything was okay. And he was such a trooper. Hardly complaining and still trying his best to have fun.

4 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Oh my word!!! Sheesh, I am so glad that Ryker is ok, how scared you must have been!

Brooke said...

No fun--sounds like our house lately!

Sharon said...

Ouch! Jenny, good thing you're not squeamish!

Mary said...

How scary! I'm glad they are all ok. You sound like you stay calm during the mishaps, which is good. My mom always was calm -- I think if she had shown how she really felt about our injuries we would have freaked out even more.